Monday, March 31, 2008

MLB.TV

In my opinion one of the greatest inventions in sports history is MLB.TV. There is nothing better then sitting back on a summer evening enjoying a cold beer, a nice sandwich and watching your favorite team play America’s National Pastime. I myself am a Yankee fan and I live in enemy territory, Boston. So I don’t get to see the greatest sports franchise under the sun play. But now with MLB.TV I get to watch every game my beloved pinstripes play. Whether they are in Toronto battling Roy Halladay and the Big Hurt, or they are in Oakland battling the Pathetics, I can see them play. It is very interesting to see advertising from around the nation, (people from the west buy some stupid stuff). For those of you unfamiliar with MLB.TV here’s how it works. All you need is a computer and an Internet connection. You plug in, log on and you get streaming video of the game. It’s a little behind but MLB.com promises that this year will be better. Last year they added a mosaic feature, which lets you watch six games at once. SIX GAMES AT ONCE! It highlights your favorite teams and you can have it send alerts when something is happening in your game. One of the things that I enjoy most is the fact that you hear commentary from around the nation, and the way some people these days can call games is like a 21st century Jack Buck. (For the record nobody will ever be Jack Buck). MLB.TV is one of the greatest technological advances to ever happen to the sports world and it’s getting better as we speak.

No comments: